The tenth annual Day of Diving on 30th of May is a historical diving event. The public can make diving bell dives in the lovely river Aura. This unique experience alone mandates a visit. It is also possible to dive in an aquarium (a waterproofed telephone booth of glass) in Standard Diving Dress, equipped with a 12 bolt helmet and all that comes with it. Wooden helmets can also be tried. Address: Forum Marinum yard. Time: 9.00-15.00. Welcome!
Diving is a splendid hobby. It caters wonderfull views under the ice on a sunny winter's day and on other days one can venture into exciting submerged mines. Search and recovery diving and historical diving both add to the diversity of the hobby. And abroad there are warm waters and major adventures, although these seldom coincide. I am most proficient in search and recovery diving and in sump diving (a form of cave diving). My dive base is Sukellusjaosto of Turku YMCA,
Other associations that I hold dear include and the information security society TurkuSec.
- Finnish navy divers in the late 1950’s
- Updated: Historical diving event postponed
- Book: Finnish Air Force Divers 1964-2000
- European Historical Diving Event
- Some Finnish diving magazines 1974-2018
- Merry christmas!
- The silent world (1956)
- England, Porstmouth and Gosport
- Finnish diving history upto 1850’s
- Maritime museum of Kaliningrad
- Submerging with an aqualung
- Local diving-themed jewellery
- The collection of historical diving gear is slowly growing
- Traveling around Finland to locate exhibitions
- Ancient history of diving