There are two noteworthy events in May.
Diving is a splendid hobby. It caters wonderfull views under the ice on a sunny winter's day and on other days one can venture into exciting submerged mines. Search and recovery diving and historical diving both add to the diversity of the hobby. And abroad there are warm waters and major adventures, although these seldom coincide. Add some publishing and web maintenance and you'll end up with a varied hobby that I can only recommended! I am most proficient in search and recovery diving and in sump diving (a form of cave diving).
At the moment I am maintaining two websites besides this one and am editor-in-chief of Luola, the journal of Finnish caving society. Other associations that I hold dear include my dive base Sukellusjaosto of Turku YMCA and the information security society TurkuSec.
- Finnish diving history upto 1850’s
- Maritime museum of Kaliningrad
- Submerging with an aqualung
- Local diving-themed jewellery
- The collection of historical diving gear is slowly growing
- Traveling around Finland to locate exhibitions
- Ancient history of diving
- An exhibition in Forum Marinum 14.6.—4.8.
- 2019-06-06 Sukellusjaosto pays a visit
- Exhibition and lecture at Raisio public library