Pax Navis is an event where we can meet old friends; other diving clubs, other friends in diving, and other seafaring folks. Nautic Club arrives with their ship Tavi, Sukellusjaosto brings their Polydeko RIB, Saaristomeren sukeltajat also come with their dive boat. Address: Ruissalon telakka, Hevoskarintie, Turku. This is also where Alfons Håkans has their spaces. The diving bell “Mårten” is also on display.
Diving is a splendid hobby. It caters wonderfull views under the ice on a sunny winter's day and on other days one can venture into exciting submerged mines. Search and recovery diving and historical diving both add to the diversity of the hobby. And abroad there are warm waters and major adventures, although these seldom coincide. I am most proficient in search and recovery diving and in sump diving (a form of cave diving). My dive base is Sukellusjaosto of Turku YMCA,
Other associations that I hold dear include and the information security society TurkuSec.
- Finnish navy divers in the late 1950’s
- Updated: Historical diving event postponed
- Book: Finnish Air Force Divers 1964-2000
- European Historical Diving Event
- Some Finnish diving magazines 1974-2018
- Merry christmas!
- The silent world (1956)
- England, Porstmouth and Gosport
- Finnish diving history upto 1850’s
- Maritime museum of Kaliningrad
- Submerging with an aqualung
- Local diving-themed jewellery
- The collection of historical diving gear is slowly growing
- Traveling around Finland to locate exhibitions
- Ancient history of diving