The Estonian maritime museum is located on two sites. Part of the collection is on display in Thick Margareta, a tower in the city wall encircling the old town, while the rest can be found in Lennusadam (an old water plane hangar). Both sites are a walking distance apart. This museum does not really offer much in diving history, but a few very interesting artifacts can be found in Thick Margareta. These alone warrant a visit.
Jun 09 2019
Estonia, Tallinn, Estonian maritime museum
- By Ralf Strandell in Museums, Museums abroad
Search and recovery diving, cave diving and historical diving as a hobby.
- Finnish combat divers 1970
- Finnish navy divers in the late 1950’s
- Updated: Historical diving event postponed
- Book: Finnish Air Force Divers 1964-2000
- European Historical Diving Event
- Some Finnish diving magazines 1974-2018
- Merry christmas!
- The silent world (1956)
- England, Porstmouth and Gosport
- Finnish diving history upto 1850’s
- Maritime museum of Kaliningrad
- Submerging with an aqualung
- Local diving-themed jewellery
- The collection of historical diving gear is slowly growing
- Traveling around Finland to locate exhibitions
anniversary barbeque dinner diving diving bell Dyktankhus event exhibition Forum Marinum hard hat diver hard hat diving Kristiinankaupunki museums Mårten Raahe Rauma reportaasi sdhf Siebe-Gorman Standard diving dress Stockholm Sukellusjaosto Sukellusneuvos Öhman Sweden tapahtuma Turku Vaasa Vasa museum web wooden helmet