Turku YMCA Scuba diving section paid our museum a visit. After a refreshing cup of coffee we had the priviledge to get to know a commercial diving company and see the machinery they have designed and built. After a very interesting round trip we moved along to the museum. The twelve visitors were very interested in historical diving gear and methods and a lengthy discussion about diving bells took place. We actually coined an idea. We should manufacture an air tun for the bell and also locate a blacksmith interested in historical tools and then we could take our bell to the sea and test old working methods. Such a trip could even draw the attention of professionals in the museum sector.
Jun 07 2019
2019-06-06 Sukellusjaosto pays a visit
- By Ralf Strandell in Reports, Society
Search and recovery diving, cave diving and historical diving as a hobby.
- Finnish combat divers 1970
- Finnish navy divers in the late 1950’s
- Updated: Historical diving event postponed
- Book: Finnish Air Force Divers 1964-2000
- European Historical Diving Event
- Some Finnish diving magazines 1974-2018
- Merry christmas!
- The silent world (1956)
- England, Porstmouth and Gosport
- Finnish diving history upto 1850’s
- Maritime museum of Kaliningrad
- Submerging with an aqualung
- Local diving-themed jewellery
- The collection of historical diving gear is slowly growing
- Traveling around Finland to locate exhibitions
anniversary barbeque dinner diving diving bell Dyktankhus event exhibition Forum Marinum hard hat diver hard hat diving Kristiinankaupunki museums Mårten Raahe Rauma reportaasi sdhf Siebe-Gorman Standard diving dress Stockholm Sukellusjaosto Sukellusneuvos Öhman Sweden tapahtuma Turku Vaasa Vasa museum web wooden helmet